Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cinnabar Sky tester review

Pattern Name:  Cinnabar Sky
Designer:  Golden Rippy



Pattern Description:  The CINNABAR SKY Dress is a knit maxi dress with a crossover front. Featuring a fitted bodice, it is roomy enough for maternity bellies. Options include: discrete nursing openings, short or half sleeves and optional top length. The crossover bodice flatters your curves and hides your postpartum belly.

Pattern Sizing: XXS to XXXL


Pattern cost:  $12.00  However, this pattern was provided to me at no cost since I was a tester.

Size Made: Medium

Model's Measurements: height- 5' 8", chest-39", waist-31", hips-39"

Did it look like the photo/drawing advertised once you were done sewing with it?  Sure did!!

Level of difficulty:  Advanced beginner - dealing with knits

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes!!  All the kinks have been worked out. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?    It looks amazing as a nursing top but you can also top stitch the openings closed and it looks just a fantastic. 

Fabric Used:  Jersey sheets from Target (grey solid) and Cotton Jersey from Colorado Fabrics (print)

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  None.  I used the nursing openings instructions for both the dress and top versions.

Would you sew it again?  Yes!!  I have a standing request from my sister for more in all colors!

 Would you recommend it to others?  Yes!  A wonderful top and dress and even better for nursing.

Conclusion:   This pattern fits my sister and I differently.  We are roughly the same measurements, but she is a more solid build than I am (broader shoulders, etc).  I have also come to the conclusion through other recent patterns that I need to start sizing down and doing an FBA.

Notes for next time:  Try a size small with an FBA even though the medium doesn't fit poorly.  I'd like to compare the fit between the two. 






No comments:

Post a Comment