Friday, June 6, 2014

Women's Prefontaine Shorts - take 3

Women's Prefontaine Shorts by Made with Moxie

This is my third and most favorite version!!

Sewn up in ponte de Roma with store bought bias binding. I made/changed them to be workout shorts. 

Pattern alterations
I left off the front pockets by drawing a straight line up to the waistband and over.  I felt like with a stretchy material they would be baggy and saggy....  Something I REALLY didn't want. 

Shortened the hem by 1 1/2" for a total of 2 1/2 ish inches (thought the 1 1/2" inseam would be too short for public). 

Shortened the waist by 1" in the back and 1 1/2" in the front. The inch in the back may have been a tad too much, maybe only do 3/4" next time but shortening the front worked great!!  No more sagging in between the waistband and crotch. I did forget to move the pocket down so it kind of runs into the elastic waistband....  Oops!!

Other notes
Next time, I think I may change the back pocket and figure out a way to make it a flap with a closure. Running with my phone in the pocket is not quite as secure as I'd like. It's fine for waking and running around town but not running. 

I can't decide if I prefer the elastic casing waistband or exposed sport elastic waistband. They are equally.... Um, not difficult but a pain in my ass. Haha, I'm a wimpy sew-er!!  I have a hard tie threading elastic through a casing and an even worse time stretching and stretching and stretching the elastic for the exposed waistband. I thought my wrists were going to fall off doing this one. Are there wrist exercises for that??





Yep, I'm sucking in here!!  Not this skinny in real life haha

I'm still kinda bummed I couldn't find anything that matched my shoes for the binding. I went with this hot pink from Joann's and was pleasantly surprised when I put them on tonight and found a perfectly matching shirt in my closet!!  SCORE!

Note to self: take pics BEFORE you workout/go for a run, not after. It's not cute to be all sweaty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment