Sunday, July 13, 2014

Imagine Jacket - Make (Believe) from Pattern Anthology

I'm not going to lie, when I found out we were going to be testing a jacket in the middle of summer I was perplexed. I mean, it's a million degrees outside, why would I need a jacket?!?!  Well, your kids will probably need a jacket when they go back to school, right?  And you probably want to get some things sewn before they actually start school, right?  There's your answer!!  Haha

Once I got past the sewing a jacket in summer and saw the examples, I was sold. This jacket is possibly the cutest thing for a little kid that I've ever seen!!  There are two styles (both easily could be for a boy or a girl) that have separate and equally adorable details.  One with contrast at the shoulders/arm openings and a chest pocket, the other with rouched sleeves and shoulder patches.  My size partner wanted the first option, so I went with the second....  There is no wrong answer here. Both versions for the win!

I LOVE the way this pattern is drafted, the fit is spot on.  Shauna did an amazing job on this jacket and walks you through the assembly like you're strolling through the park. No speed bumps, no hiccups; just step by step. You'd assume that a fully lined zippered jacket with welt pockets would be this crazy, difficult, giant looming project, and it's just not. She guides you through the process so easily that you don't even realize how difficult it could be until, POOF!  You're done. And it's fantastic.   Honestly, the most difficult part of the whole thing was gathering the sleeves. Haha, can you tell I dislike gathering?? It's worth it!

I used a brushed twill for the outside and quilting cotton for the inside, both from JoAnn's. 







 
Links to the other pieces in the Make (Believe) collection here:  http://studio280stitches.blogspot.com/2014/07/make-believe-from-pattern-anthology.html

No comments:

Post a Comment